JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Changing message alert sound

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 05:50 PM)
messageAlert
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I only get a sound alert the first time I receive a message, but none for other messages intended same chat. Can I change this to a sound each time?

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community and thank you for your feedbacks. I understand your concerns with your messaging notification sound and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you.

If your messaging app window is still open after sending a text message, when you receive a reply you will not make a notification sound. 

To receive message notifications while still in the app, you would need to enable in app feature. 

Open your messaging app

Tap Settings 

Tap Notifications 

Tap In-app notification settings (In notification settings you can also adjust any notification settings to fit your liking)

Here is a link to some additional information on App Notifications 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062618/

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community and thank you for your feedbacks. I understand your concerns with your messaging notification sound and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you.

If your messaging app window is still open after sending a text message, when you receive a reply you will not make a notification sound. 

To receive message notifications while still in the app, you would need to enable in app feature. 

Open your messaging app

Tap Settings 

Tap Notifications 

Tap In-app notification settings (In notification settings you can also adjust any notification settings to fit your liking)

Here is a link to some additional information on App Notifications 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062618/

messageAlert
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you!
0 Likes