Original topic:

Complicated sound issue

(Topic created: yesterday)
gcarrillo2001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'll  try to explain the best I can with the problem I'm dealing with. I have a sound issue on my Galaxy s20 Plus 5G, not with the speakers, not with the volume, but with the sound quality of the phone itself. I've had this with a previous device a couple years back and sending it to repair did not fix the problem. When I usually play videos or music etc., it sounds like a equalizer got fiddled with but I never have the EQ on but it just randomly does not sound like the usual clean sound when you get the phone brand new. It even affects the DAC audio when I connect it and the quality just awful, it sounds like the audio messed with by something I can't really explain. I've tried rebooting, hard rebooting, troubleshooting and restarting, deleting some apps, clearing caches, messing a bit with the sounds settings but still no solution for me. I know there's gotta be someone out of these hundreds of thousands of users who have gotten this issue and if some of you genuinely has a solution, I'd appreciate you greatly.

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Are you absolutely certain it's not a hardware issue? First go into the Samsung members app, you can do testing, test the speakers and the microphones
gcarrillo2001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes I'm highly certain since I've tried to have this fixed physically with Samsung themselves by sending it over with a previous device
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you try voting it in safe mode? Try that and see if you still have the same issue.
0 Likes
gcarrillo2001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes I have, the strange thing is the the audio is normal while in safe mode but when I go back it's sounds the same but less bassy and balanced so basically back to the same issue
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's one of your apps that is causing the issue then.
0 Likes
gcarrillo2001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So far no luck unfortunately I even rebooted it twice after deleting some apps. To be honest I just can't be the only person with this problem there's gotta be someone out there who has had this exact thing happen to them and fixed it 

0 Likes
Quintcy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you tried going into your permissions and specifically looking at which apps have permission to access your and capable of changing phone settings, microphone etc?
Although personally, I use the sound assistant app from Samsung and haven't had a bad experience yet.
0 Likes