Original topic:

Disappointed that Samsung messages is being dropped as the default messaging app

(Topic created: 07-25-2024 03:03 PM)
Ryekia
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't be the only one that is disappointed by samsung dropping their messaging app. I mean it was one of the great things. I could actually theme it and make it my own. Yea I wanted rcs, but I didn't want that to mean that they just stop the app. Now it's pretty much google and that's it. Google sucks. I got an android phone to make everything my own. But as things keep going I lose that capability. It was one of the best things samsung had over apple and google. I feel like the longer I keep using my phone the more and more it tries to be an iphone. I wanted to see all the customization, but with messages and the ads everywhere, it's just becoming hard to justify telling my family that it's not bad. I mean that was supposed to be what android is all about, customization. Now it's slowly being taken away. 

16 Replies
Serenexi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google has always been minimal but you can still have samsung messages by downloading a apk at https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-messages/
Hope I helped you out have a good day and stay positive
0 Likes
Ryekia
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have samsung messages. But they won't let me do RCS. In order for me to use rcs, I have to go to google.
Serenexi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should have to forced to switch keep that in mind you don't have to use Google messages you can continue to use samsung messages like normal there should be no problem sending things via rcs with samsung?
0 Likes
Ricardo66
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Rcs in my area does not work on samsung messages. I prefer the native app over Google. The world is moving to RCS.

Once, there were 8 track cartridges in cars and stereo. Now, we stream and find ways to produce lossless sound
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have news for you Android is Google, so Google messages is the native app and Samsung is the add on.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My rcs works in samsung messages. And just got an update to app today.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What phone do you have and who is your carrier?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Tmobile. S24 ultra
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is it an unlocked device or a carrier branded one? RCS has never worked in Samsung messages for my carrier branded S22 Ultra
0 Likes