Original topic:

Do you charge your phone out of the box?

(Topic created: 02-20-2023 03:56 PM)
lazyguy12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

when you get your phone out of the box do you charge it or just use it when you get it

0 Likes
7 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It a good idea to charge it before you first use it, please note that your device will take a few days to learn your habits and automatically adjust your devices performance
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The best thing to do to get the best performance from the battery is use it till its dead then charge it this way you get the best charge on its first time
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BostonDrew Lithium Ion batteries should never been discharged completely. 

The older NiCad batteries had a memory effect which would affect performance. For those batteries, completely discharging periodically is helpful. 

Options
Galaxy S Phones
So should it be changed before use
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BostonDrew "So should it be changed before use"

It doesn't matter.

0 Likes
xkhx
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Exactly what user_ams007 said.
It's better to charge your phone to complete before you start turning it on and playing with it.
That goes for all devices.

Also, in a way, the battery actually learns how it needs to charge by you practicing the good habit of charging. Online you'll read different things people say on how to properly charge your phone, I take all of them and do the average. So I don't plug in until it's below 20 and once it's at 100 I unplug it right after. Don't let it sit at 100 over night. Some people say to not let it charge to 100, but to unplug it between 80% and 95%. Recently my tablet had an update and now it had an option to set so it will stop allowing a charge once it's reached 85% and the description for that setting claims it I'll be best for the battery. So maybe you should unplug it before 100%. I don't know, sorry for the random extra info. But hope this helps!
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@lazyguy12 For me, I pull it out of the box, swap the SIM card and start Samsung Smart Switch. Always too excited to wait for it to charge. 

Whether you pull it out and use it immediately or charge it completely before use, it will have no noticeable impact on battery life.