JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Editing file to name it

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 03:20 PM)
PigletsDad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can't find the edit button in order to save a file by name ie MelmanBalance. Help
11 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@PigletsDad From the file explorer (My Files), find the file you want to edit. Press + hold the file, then select the 3 dots at the bottom menu>Rename 

PigletsDad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
TY. Time for bed. I will try tomorrow. Thank you very much
0 Likes
PigletsDad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've done it twice now. Just need to "memorize" how till 2nd nature. Distracted as a dear friend in hospital with COVID. She has advanced COPD, has super isolated 3 yrs + so COVID never entered our minds after I went to hospital last night. However, BEFORE I set foot in the hospital I masked up!
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh no! I hope she recovers and is back on her feet soon! I'm so sorry to hear that! 

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Guys! We’re so happy everyone is communicating, and love the interactions. However, as you know our Get help section is a place to “find resources for troubleshooting and technical support” for Samsung products. We would ask that everyone try to keep all support-related questions here.
Please refer to our Guidelines prior to posting: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817

PigletsDad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
🥺
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@PigletsDad Did you get your file edited successfully?

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@PigletsDad If I've resolved your file renaming concern, please make sure to hit accept as solution on my post so that other Members will be able to take advantage of this information should they need it! 😊

PigletsDad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Got it. Always check those three dots! 🙂