JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10+ voicemail app opens a blank screen

(Topic created: 04-03-2023 09:34 AM)
userKupyKA6Xzc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Voicemail app (VZW network) opens with a blank screen. The only thing I see is the phone banner at the top of screen (cell strength, batt percentage, etc). No option to delete app to reload. I have gone into settings and deleted cache, checked battery saving settings, forced stop, restarted phone in many sequences and the app is still a blank screen. I have sent test messages to voicemail and do get the notification but it goes to a blank screen when I click to retrieve it. I am able to *86 to retrieve my voicemails but should not have to do this. TIA 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userKupyKA6Xzc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Problem solved... I spent a ridiculous amount of time with VZW bot and then tech support who had me repeat steps I had already searched and performed - but I did them. When they said I needed to reset my password I knew they were out of solutions. I have a galaxy smart watch that was working well with my phone and remembered VZW had tried to force visual voicemail on me. I didn't want or need it and in rejecting that it had crossed up my settings to my swatch. I looked those over and reset options and bingo - voicemail is back in action. Thanks for all your ideas!

View solution in context

2 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have your service provider reset your voicemail, as it is theirs
Solution
userKupyKA6Xzc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Problem solved... I spent a ridiculous amount of time with VZW bot and then tech support who had me repeat steps I had already searched and performed - but I did them. When they said I needed to reset my password I knew they were out of solutions. I have a galaxy smart watch that was working well with my phone and remembered VZW had tried to force visual voicemail on me. I didn't want or need it and in rejecting that it had crossed up my settings to my swatch. I looked those over and reset options and bingo - voicemail is back in action. Thanks for all your ideas!