JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 USB C port not working properly

(Topic created: 06-17-2020 01:06 PM)
user6HEvQPuyDN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So this is kind of hard to explain in just the subject but my USB port is acting up. When I connect a charger that would have normally charged the phone from 30% to 100% in 25 minutes its now taking 2 hours to charge fully. When I connect the earphones that came with the device it doesn't even recognize the device and continues to play audio from the phone's speakers. When I try to connect other input devices the phone doesn't recognize that anything has been connected. Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated. This phone was way too expensive for it to start acting up after just 3 months 

5 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a service repair on your device. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDbaWVF36ZS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What type of service do you suggest? I've done two factory resets and nothing changed. I think it's the USB C Port App that's causing the problem. Is there going to be a software to repair this issue?

userS60SM8j7Y1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Another possibility is the charger has low amps or voltage that can charge older or other phones. Charger may not be right. Cable could work just fine. I had dame issue. 

0 Likes
userQ6BELmVyka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue, i believe it started after some software upgrade.

Someone post a fix to this soon.

Thank you,

userDbaWVF36ZS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you have the USB C Port App installed on your phone? I'm having the same issue and I'm getting the run around from Samsung. I've gone to a local UBreakIFix store and they want me to buy a new USB Port ($300) out of my own pocket. 
NEVER buying a Samsung product again!!!