JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 06-29-2017 03:41 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
userdaeMG9jGN3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here. On a galaxy s8+  with att. Home wifi is a linksys EA7500.  Don't see any fixes posted other than returning the phone for a new one.

userdaeMG9jGN3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Follow up on my prior post....

At&t recently pushed a OTA update to the OS. I was hoping this would be the fix we were waiting for.  Sadly, it was not.

Has anyone directed Samsung to this forum? I will look into doing so.

0 Likes
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have contacted Samsung about this and directed them to my post. They wanted me to try a different Wi-Fi. However, I do not have access to a different one and I have advised them of this. After numerous times arguing back and forth with them. They wanted me to send them my Galaxy S8 so they can "repair" it. However, I have had 3 Galaxy S8s and none of them work. So I just don't see how this would work. To be honest I am just annoyed with the bixby button and this Wi-Fi issue that I just decided to cut my losses and buy a One plus 5.
0 Likes
userFr9LeZJaES
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here.

Galaxy S8+ in UK with Virgin Superhub3 router.

I constantly get the exclamation mark next to the wifi signal. Only fix is to go into airplane mode, wait a few seconds then turn airplane mode off again. Our household has around 10 mobile devices connected to wifi (none are Samsung apart from my phone) and all of them connect to the wifi/internet without any problems.

It's getting really frustrating as I like the phone in every other respect.

0 Likes
user1K8o0uw0jn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here in Portugal, with Vodafone carrier. 

It seems that the new update, installed one week ago, did not bring any joy to this issue. Actually I think it's getting even worse. 

0 Likes
userJsTUIEZoD9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
going to airplane mode, waiting 15 seconds, than going online worked. try that first guys
0 Likes
ktingpal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue here. I own S8, Note 8, and Tab S3. Each of them have the same defect of wifi problems disconnecting. I'm with Verizon. Asus Google OnHub for home WiFi. I've not had problems at all with Note 5, S7, S7 Edge, and Tab S2 on Asus Google OnHub. I believe it is a flaw with 2017 devices. Shame on Samsung. Anyone have fix? Hope for patch or I will replace soon.
0 Likes
userDHoCaXGnNI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No fix from Samsung. Shame on them as you say.
0 Likes
Starbella89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for posting this, I have the exact same wifi-exclamation-point issue on my Verizon Samsung S8.  It is very annoying and I have to toggle my wifi on/off multiple times a day.  I'm eagerly looking for a fix!

0 Likes
Husl4it
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
turn off smart network switch.. it's trying to connect with a stable network..
0 Likes