Original topic:

Gmail: Upload picture suddenly other picture in preview

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 11:39 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good day

I have a big problem sending an email or attaching files/images.

My problem is that if I click on the paper clip here and then on "Files". I get wrong previews for some folders. That means the picture that is shown small (see picture) is not the actual picture that you select.

Here is an example :

On picture 1 you see the picture which would be correct, on picture 2 you see that I am shown a completely different picture for preview.

I have this problem only recently. What I can also say, the suggested pictures, I own myself, so they are NOT any pictures from the Internet, but they are available in my gallery. Not with all folders the preview is shown to me incorrectly but with some.

What can I do about it?

Lg

Ps: Sorry for my bad EnglishPicture 1Picture 1

Picture 2Picture 2
7 Replies
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

Have you tried opening system settings, apps, show system apps, search for Files and open it. Select storage and clear the cache files. If that doesn't help then clear the data. Test again with the Gmail app.

By default it displays the recents list. If you haven't already tried I would suggest selecting the gallery option or the galaxy S9 option that opens internal storage.

Best regards, 

CLF

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

Android 10 One UI 2.0 

G960USQS7DTE1

Security Patch Level

May 1st, 2020

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good day

I have now deleted the data and the cache in the "Files" section.

Unfortunately, I can't tell if it works 100% because not all pictures have not loaded the preview correctly.

I have found a solution by deleting the pictures that were displayed incorrectly and then restoring them to the trash.

I hope I was able to solve the daw problem by using the cache/data delete of "files".

Lg 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sigh

Unfortunately, I've just gone through all the folders, and for a few folders the preview is still displayed incorrectly, even though I deleted the cache/data of "Files".

Lg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good morning

Today I deleted the cache/data from the files again and the cache from the gallery.

After that I made some photos and screenshots. On none of them the preview was shown wrong - I think and hope! That I could solve the problem thanks to your help.

Lg

0 Likes
Samsung_MuN5hFa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I see that you are in airplane mode

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey,

I know, but this should not be a problem, W-LAN is active and therefore not a problem

0 Likes
troybuilt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thank you
0 Likes