JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home and back button need to stay on

(Topic created: 04-09-2018 09:49 AM)
userlXH0v8HlGX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'd really love to know if there's a way to make the home and more specifically the BACK button to stay on all the time. I cannot stand having to drag up twice to get back to my text messages when I'm in one already. The back button is my go to argument against iPhones..... please please help

21 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yeah, unless I'm misunderstanding your question, when you swipe up to bring up your navigation bar, there should be a little dot on the left side of it (in almost any app, not every app though), just double tap that little dot and it'll make the bar stay on the screen all the time.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

BobW55
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All you have to do is HARD press the bottom center of the screen, brings the buttons right up, no matter what you are doing.

0 Likes
userjA3el7NOlX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Great stuff thank you. Its the simple ones that get you. I had tapped it, held it, sworn at it - just not double tapped it !

userfRz2MgjD9L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BobW55 wrote:

All you have to do is HARD press the bottom center of the screen, brings the buttons right up, no matter what you are doing.

This doesn't work as a solution for the question asked. At least not for me and not on the S9. Hard pressing the bottom center of the screen takes you back to the home screen. As already mentioned, double tapping the bullet on the left side of the navigation bar (turning it solid) will make the nav controls persistent across all screens. 

Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you truly want the buttons always to be available, you can hide the button on the navigation that toggles its visibility. Go to Display/Navigation Bar and turn off the Show and Hide Button setting. This should leave the navigation bar permanently visible.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
userlXH0v8HlGX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank You so much!!!!!!
0 Likes
userlIp1JBmUxF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can also double tap the dot on the left side of the home bar to hide/unhinde it. 

userW067OoTOXL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you! This helped!

0 Likes
userhuiAA1ahZa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks,  really helped me. 

0 Likes