Original topic:

How can I get my screenshots to save on my SD Card storage?

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 02:20 AM)
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have galaxy s10. In camera settings I have storage location set to sd card. Screenshots are being saved to internal storage. My sd card is mounted and has plenty of available space. Why aren't my screenshots being saved to sd card?

36 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not sure how if S10 has this but give it a try.

In Settings, search screenshots (or go to Advanced features >> Screenshots and screen recordings) and there might be 'Save screenshots in' option so you can change the location to sd card.1711877347515.jpg
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks but I don't have that option. This is all I get under settings. In camera settings you can choose between internal storage and sd card. I have sd card selected.Screenshot_20240331-034141_Samsung capture_74056_1711878102.pngScreenshot_20240331-034145_Samsung capture_74057_1711878105.png
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Looks like OneUI version on your S10 doesn't support or have this option then.

I know this is inconvenient but you can create a folder on your SD card and manually move files from screenshots folder (internal) to the created folder (sd card) every now and then.
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My phone must be lying to me then. Its a pity that I should have many GB of not so easy to utilize storage. As a side note pictures are being stored on sd card just not screenshots. Screenshot_20240331-055344_Camera~2_74059_1711886126.png
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can download screenshots fron within the pictures app and they go to sd card but I can only do 1 at a time.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That setting is only for your camera. You don't use your camera when you take a screenshot. That's why the other method I described below would likely help.
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, I sadly came to that determination just as I was pressing the post button!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try going into My Files / Internal Data / DCIM.
Find the screenshot folder, long press on it, and select Move.
Then arrow back twice, highlight your sd card, and select Move Here.
Let me know if this works.
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
0 Likes