Original topic:

How can I get my screenshots to save on my SD Card storage?

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 02:20 AM)
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have galaxy s10. In camera settings I have storage location set to sd card. Screenshots are being saved to internal storage. My sd card is mounted and has plenty of available space. Why aren't my screenshots being saved to sd card?

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you follow the first set of instructions - it's in the phone settings, not the camera settings, you will be able to change the file location of your screen shots.
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I did follow the 1st set of instructions as per my 1st response. I included screenshots of everything that comes up, no setting for where to save screenshots. Supernova's & Sun's answer, (same thing and thanks you two), works ot I can just connect phone to my computer, access them in the same way and cut & paste them to my computer. Funny thing with that though, when I cut & paste them out of internal storage/dcim/scrnshots that folder emties in a manner one would expect, such that when I'm done the folder is empty. But when I unplug the phone from computer the screenshots still appear in photos app, and I have to throw them away. Not sure if that has something to do with the cloud or maybe the wonderful gallery ap that I hate because it made wonderful colleagues of sensitive material unil I killed that best I can. Anyway, problem solved good enough for me. Thanks all!
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The screenshot settings are in the regular phone settins not part of the camera settings. Advanced features, screenshots and screen recording. When you tap on that yo can choosr the location of your screenshots1712090949979.jpg1712090950040.jpg
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This image is a bit further up in this thread. My phone appaers to be set to save screenshots but it saves them to the dcim folder in internal storage instead.Screenshot_20240402-150255_Samsung Members_74083_1712091775.png
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That should have been ...save screenshots to sd card but...
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You. Can. Change. That. Tap on the storage licatoon snd change the path/file name. As you can see, I set mine to go to the SD card. That image show the CAMERA settings, not the SCREENSHOT settings. Look at the image I provided. Read my words. Phone settings, advanced features, screen shots and screen recordings, storage location.
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here's what I get in phone settings, advanced features, screenshots and screen recordings. Same as yours but no option to change save location. Again, this is in phone settings.Screenshot_20240402-235954_Settings~2_74088_1712124163.pngScreenshot_20240403-000003_Samsung capture~2_74089_1712124249.pngScreenshot_20240403-000008_Samsung capture_74087_1712124009.png
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Actually, comparing them I find several differences. Look at advanced features page, near the bottom yours says gaming hub, mine has game launcher. These appear to be different gui's
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The S10 was not updated to OneUI6.0 or Android 14 which, frankly, is the ONLY reason I upgraded my phone to the A54.  This is my S10 with Android 13, OneUI5.1. I had originally changed it to the SD card, but since I moved the SD card to the new phone, it reverted.

Screenshot_20240403_092715_Samsung capture.jpg

0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That would explain things. Well thanks for spinnin your wheels with me.
0 Likes