Original topic:

How can I get my screenshots to save on my SD Card storage?

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 02:20 AM)
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have galaxy s10. In camera settings I have storage location set to sd card. Screenshots are being saved to internal storage. My sd card is mounted and has plenty of available space. Why aren't my screenshots being saved to sd card?

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Which Android version & OneUI are you using?  My old phone is actually an S10 Lite, which shouldn't make a fundamental difference in the settings interface). Can you do a search of your settings for "screen shots" and see if there might be any other location where you might change the file location? As an alternative, you can move them after the fact to your SD card (maybe a once a month clean up?)

0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, I move them onto my computer. Let me get that version for you. It might help me if you send me some simple message. That will appear in my gmail as a new email as this one will disappear. For some reason I have a hard time finding this thread in the community.
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey realaud, found my way here. My phone is running android ver 12, one ui ver 4.1. I can find no setting to alter save location of screenshots. Looked in gallery settings as well. Nothing. Been wondering why when I google instructions for something the answers usually involve using buttons that I don't have but with that I'm kinda straying off topic here.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ah.  It's the older version of the OS/UI  - real old.  I am sure you are in love with your phone, after many years, you have it just the way you want it and don't need any more bells and whistles that would justify making a $1K+ purchase of a new device.  However, being two (soon to be 3) Android versions out of date is not a good thing.  If you don't upgrade soon, any app that requires greater security (like banking apps and mobile wallets) will not function. It really is time for an upgrade.

If the newer S series is out of your budget, look at the specs on the A series (I'm loving the A54 5G) and find one in your budget. The A series has the added advantage of still having an SD card slot, while the S series does not.  A series are also 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the S series. 

I think your S10 should have gotten to Android 13, OneUI5.1 as mine did.

0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, I know. Prob gonna get s24 ultra. I'll have to pay through the nose because I like my phones unlocked.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You have a phone that currently works, I would suggest that if you want the S24 unlocked, you wait until Amazon has a good sale.  Either their Christmas in July or even wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Obviously, you are not one of those that have to have the newest, greatest thing as soon as it comes out, or you wouldn't have hung onto the S10 so long.

I too, only buy unlocked phones -- just because. Not that I am in the habit of carrier hopping (I was with AT&T for 30 years before I moved on to T-Mobile), I just want to know I will be able to without having to jump through hoops.

0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks everybody for all your help. I get way better answers here than the samsung 'experts' can provide.
0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't like the bloatware that you're forced to swallow with a carrier provided phone. I do have to make a change soon as my dinosaur is now a security risk.
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

with you on that. Although it really was only a problem when phone storage was minimal, and the OS and bloatware took up the lion's share. It's also all the things your phone can't do when locked.

0 Likes
user3e8otTYYLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same problem. Apparently our version of one ui does not support it. I tried everything, no luck.
0 Likes