JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I use video calling on my S10?

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 03:51 AM)
B1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having a issue on using samsung facetime on my s10.  I don't receive other facetime calls and cannot make one.  I already tried the call settings and the facetime button wasn't there.  What can I do?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@B1234 

"but on my s7 I could facetime other samsung users"

Video calling is a carrier provided service. If your S7 was a carrier locked device you probably were using the carrier's voice calling service. This is completely dependent on the carrier and usually only works between devices on the carrier's network. 

Duo works on pretty much any device and across carriers. Samsung has integrated Duo into the latest few generations of phones so the Duo video calling button appears on the call screen and contact screen. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@B1234 Facetime is an Apple service and product and is not compatible with Android. For universal video chatting on your Samsung, use Google Duo. 

0 Likes
B1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
but on my s7 I could facetime other samsung users
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@B1234 

"but on my s7 I could facetime other samsung users"

Video calling is a carrier provided service. If your S7 was a carrier locked device you probably were using the carrier's voice calling service. This is completely dependent on the carrier and usually only works between devices on the carrier's network. 

Duo works on pretty much any device and across carriers. Samsung has integrated Duo into the latest few generations of phones so the Duo video calling button appears on the call screen and contact screen.