JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to turn off the wireless emergency alert function on my Samsung phone?

(Topic created: 11-10-2020 03:38 PM)
joeysmom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

At some point, I enabled the emergency alert function on my S8 phone. It has gone rogue and initiated emergency messages to family 3 times.  The last time, it happened while the phone was recharging in a drawer!

I can't find the place in settings to turn it off. Family are getting upset!
Can you help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This should be located in your Notification settings, go into Notifications > Advanced Settings > Wireless Emergency Alerts. Here you can chose which alerts to receive, with the exception of National alerts. National warnings cannot be disabled.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
riq210
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
are you talking about the SOS alert? I have Note 20 ultra so things are labeled a little different
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This should be located in your Notification settings, go into Notifications > Advanced Settings > Wireless Emergency Alerts. Here you can chose which alerts to receive, with the exception of National alerts. National warnings cannot be disabled.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.