Original topic:

Incoming calls going straight to voicemail Galaxy S20

(Topic created: Sunday)
22bigRon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My galaxy S20 ultra is not connecting incoming calls. When I receiving incoming call and screen flashes to the incoming call for just a split second (without ringing) and then reverts to home screen. No notice  of a missed call in phone app itself or in the notification pull down list.  The call log however does show the calls.  Can someone enlighten me as to **bleep** I can do to overcome this "glitch" please?

I have restarted device, powered off then restarted device, and even reset the Access Point Names under Mobile networks all with no effect.

8 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Check your call forward settings
0 Likes
22bigRon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thanks for responding

In call forwarding, Always forward is set at No Number Set

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes that's if you want to forward calls to a specific number i.e place you will be that day for example the others below that should be set to the voicemail number could be in blocked numbers check there only other thing I can think of is if you have a carrier app for spam calls check those settings
0 Likes
22bigRon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, The other three setting under call forwarding all have the same number witch I admit I don't know what it is and when I just dialed it, after a couple of rings it just disconnected the call.

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's your voicemail from carrier how it's connected if that makes sense anyway do you have a carrier call filter they have different names
0 Likes
22bigRon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Now is were it gets sticky.  I have T-Mobile yet I don't use there voice mail system.   I have a Google Voice Number for a couple different reason and have my cell number as well as the google number go to the google voice mail system for the archiving features and this has worked for me for many years now. 

The carries voice mail number is different  the number in the forwarding section of settings.

Not sure if this helps you or helps you help me, but there it is.

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Think it's with Google than causing this I'm not familiar with it to offer help but I would go thru there support pages and find voicemail faq
0 Likes
22bigRon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Again, thank you for your time.

I feel like I know more about the settings now more than ever before.

I've been dealing with this on and off all day and sometimes those google forums are like going down a rabbit warren.

I'll keep at it though.

thanks

0 Likes