JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message categories in Messages

(Topic created: 04-12-2020 03:13 PM)
CluckNorris
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do you edit/delete the categories? It's simple enough to create them, but I can't figure out how to edit or delete them!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userW8SUviO1Mj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Note 10+, the way I figured it out was hold down on your messages app, click on app info, once that is open click on the cog wheel up right corner. Then click on conversation categories (it has a toggle option) once that is open it has the messages categories you named, you can hold down witch ever category you want and delete them or rename them. Hope this helped.

View solution in context

18 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

0 Likes
userdDf3wbEzQT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this doesn't solve the need to delete or edit them.

0 Likes
userjeVFWhrCS8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Open the text conversation, and go the 3 dots menu. There's a categories option and you can assign a different category or create a new one

userbbTcZrr1eW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This only works for a single message, not for a conversation. In case of a concersation, there is no 3 dots menu and the only option is "delete"...

0 Likes
JasonLeeTKD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@CluckNorris 

I don't know if you figured it out yet, but you can go to the settings from the messages app, tap on "categories" (should have a toggle button), then you can add/delete categories, or append/delete specific conversations. 

I have a Note 10+.

Galaxy S Phones
Thank you.
I discovered how to delete a category.
0 Likes
CluckNorris
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
they have since rolled out an update that fixed the issue. thanks anyways
0 Likes
Solution
userW8SUviO1Mj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Note 10+, the way I figured it out was hold down on your messages app, click on app info, once that is open click on the cog wheel up right corner. Then click on conversation categories (it has a toggle option) once that is open it has the messages categories you named, you can hold down witch ever category you want and delete them or rename them. Hope this helped.