JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture Detected

(Topic created: 06-12-2022 10:56 AM)
EricaBLuE32
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My Galaxy S20+ and now my new S22 Ultra is starting to say there is moisture detected in my USB Ports. I take immaculate care of my devices. Moisture has been nowhere near these phones. I don't even keep n them in the same areas of the house and yet they both have started giving me this error. There is something weird going on.
4 Replies
DrGalaxy7
Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sometimes they may say that, if it isn't true just restart the device and it shouldn't bother you anymore. If not, try cleaning out the port and blowing in it. Though you shouldn't have to.
0 Likes
EricaBLuE32
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I restarted and it was still there. Finally did a hard reset on both phones, and chose the Wipe cache partition option, and it fixed the issue on both devices.
Ch_k37
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe try to put your phone into the rice(Uncooked)... because rice is will absorb the moisture.. 😁😁👍
0 Likes
Solution
EricaBLuE32
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
After I posted about wiping the cache partition, of course the S20+ started saying there was moisture again. My S22 Ultra hasn't given me that error again after wiping the partition on THAT phone. With the S20+, I formulated a different solution that has seemed to work for the last 12 hours at least. I turned the phone off and left it off because, as stated above, 5 restarts wasn't fixing the problem at all. I grabbed a new power supply and charging cable, plugged the phone in while it was still powered off, and let it charge up to 100%. After it was at 100% on the charger for a few hours, I unplugged it, turned it back on, and THANKFULLY, FINALLY, the moisture error was gone, (and hopefully FOREVER).