cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

NO Samsung Galaxy S21 Micro SD support????????

Why would Samsung remove Micro SD support for the S21?  Are you guys crazy??????  This is a stupid idea!  It takes next to no space to include a slot for a Micro SD Card & keep the storage option for those of us that want it.

Then Samsung only offers a max 512 GB storage option when S20 Micro SD supported up to a 2TB card, so what does Sammy want me to do with a 1TB card that I use with my S20?  And I don't want to hear anything about a cloud...SMH!!!!

So basically Samsung wants to make an iphone now.

12 REPLIES 12
Asteroid

Re: NO Samsung Galaxy S21 Micro SD support????????

exactly
Cosmic Ray

Yup. Im sticking with my S20 Ultra. We'll see what the Note 21 or S22 will do.
Cosmic Ray

very disappointed with samsung on this decision... i'm not a fan of that cloud storage bull neither.

get an adapter for it and use it via the USB transfer file to external storage prolly, since I'm pretty sure they are getting rid of the the card port entirely since it'll have a built in esim you can use on any network and if they keep the sim slot, then that allows for two separately connected, lines on one device, since its the 5g capable of doing way I'm guessing? they need to make internal room perhaps for that esim maybe? I've never had an issue with storage space and my current note ultra I have is the only phone I've purchased more then 100 gb option. I've always used external an only connected when transferring stuff so I don't have issues if the phone and drive gets corrupt and made useless.
Cosmic Ray

Well a lot of us expect more from our phones. Unless Samsung makes a 2TB HD phone, this will not work for those of us, like me that have replaced their computers with their phones and don't want the slowness of unloading GBs of graphic arts jobs onto a cloud (which would take a ridiculously long time to upload) multiple times a day to try to make due with a tiny, inadequate HD.

Cosmic Ray

And as for adaptors and external hard drives...why would I ruin life with toting around a box of adaptors, cables, and external drives everywhere I go when I could just have a 2TB micro sd in my phone at all times with 0 complications?! Leave it to Samsung to ruin their brand copying apple when they had a far superior product line!

Astronaut

I've been getting the new galaxy flagship phone every spring since galaxy S3. I learned to live with non removable battery thanks to the charging speed improvements. I've learned to live without a 3.5mm jack with great bluetooth earphones flooding the market. However, this removal of microsd card has crossed the line. Local microsd with encryption allows for better security compared to the cloud storage. Also saves a lot of money on monthly cloud storage fees. Unless samsung provide 1Tb local storage with extremely fast transfer rates to facilitate data transfers to the next phone and free or reasonably priced and secure cloud storage, removing the microsd slot is unacceptable. It's really a shame. I am finally done with samsung galaxy and will be shopping for alternatives this spring... Smiley Sad

Astronaut

I had planned on buying the S21 but once I saw the stories of no SD card I started looking for a new S20..   Luckly I was able to get one and it's awesome so I should be good for a few years.    If Samsung does not bring back the SD card support then this S20 will be my last Samsung.    The new Sony phones look really nice and they have SD support  along with the headphone jack.    

Cosmic Ray

I agree! I just got this S10 last year and just days after I got it they jumped to the S20. This is a great, new phone. I have no reason to get another. If this breaks, I already have another S10 in my shopping cart under "saved for later." I'll just keep getting S10s. I won't buy a phone without micro SD card capability now. As a graphic artist who was so impressed with the capability of these phones, that I left my MacBook Pro in the states, I need to be able to have a 2TB card and not be constantly tethered to clouds and cables and adaptors and external drives! Definitely not buying the newest Samsung flagships anymore if they continue to rebrand themselves as iGalaxy