Original topic:

Only received half of my contacts after transfer

(Topic created: a month ago)
polly419
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Changed phones and only retrieved half of the contacts. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not trying to sound bad here but you can add contact manually from what wasn't transferred
0 Likes
polly419
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would have, but they were already transferred, and I deleted from the old phone Now only half are on my new phone.
0 Likes
polly419
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No.. but I'll try and thank you
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you have a backup like cloud that could of saved the contacts
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you tried using smart switch to transfer your contacts.
Smart switch is an excellent app to transfer data for your Samsung devices.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They should be backed up to Google
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google backs up your contacts automatically. First check if they are in Google. Contacts.google.com or go to the contacts app (not the contacts tab on your dialer app), select the 3 bar menu on the left. When the panel slides out, tap the window where the contacts show and it will come up with a list of contact locations. Choose either all contacts (which may result in duplicate contacts) or select Google. All the contacts that are in Google will show. If you see there are contacts in multiple locations, choose manage contacts and move or merge them into one location. I suggest moving/keeping them in Google so they don't get list ohone to phone to phone and you can also access them from anywhere via the web.

If you still have the old phone, you could also try running Smart Switch again and just select the contacts to move. I suspect it moved only what was on the phone, although the phone should have picked up what was in Google, sonce it reads your contacts from all locations. Since i have always kept my contacts only in Google, I never caught the fact that they probably werent moved over by SS, but since it's my only contact location, that's where the phone picks them up from.
0 Likes