JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to receive text notifications from one of my contacts

(Topic created: 09-19-2023 10:14 AM)
Joshnaz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unable to recieve notifications from one of my contacts. Under conversation settings it says notifications from this category are blocked

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dizzydz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi. So I was having the EXACT same issue. All of a sudden I stopped getting notifications for my mom's texts.  FYI - I have a Samsung Note20 Ultra. I figured this out on my own after I was told by support from the members app that the only way to fix it was to factory reset...which I was unwilling to do.

Here is what solved it for me:

I figured out that SOMEHOW my mom was added to a notification category that had been blocked:

Screenshot_20231019_201214_Settings.jpg

Well.. after MANY hours of searching and trouble shooting I FINALLY found THIS:

Screenshot_20231019_214201_Settings.jpg

So I went into messages, clicked into my mom's chat conversation, then clicked on the 3 dots by her name:

Screenshot_20231019_214952_Messages.jpg

then clicked on notification sound:

Screenshot_20231019_215221_Messages.jpg

then RESET and reset:

Screenshot_20231019_215310_Messages.jpg

 

Screenshot_20231019_215315_Messages.jpg

Once I reset the notification sound, notifications started working again!! 

Also... just FYI, I changed her chat sound back to the custom sound I had for her previously and the notifications are STILL working.

Who knows why this worked or why it blocked that category I have been using the same custom sound for her for YEARS... but

Hopefully this fix works for you too!!

View solution in context

19 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out for assistance.

It definitely can be frustrating not being able to receive text notifications from a specific contact.

Let's make sure the notifications are "enabled" for that conversation in the Messages app.

Navigate to the messages app > find the conversation > long press on the conversation > tap on the menu option > tap on notification option > toggle on show notifications.

I hope this helps!

Feel free to reach back out to us if you still need any assistance.

0 Likes
Joshnaz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Notifications are on. Under notifications categories when I click on that specific contact they are the only one who has "notifications from this category are blocked"
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Can you try deleting that contact then adding them again?
0 Likes
Joshnaz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did not work
0 Likes
DHerron
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue, is there a solution for this?

Joshnaz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Got no solution yet. Even tried resetting all app settings
DHerron
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Took phone to Samsung Service center and to T-Mobile service and neither could fix/resolve the issue.  Had app setting reset too, deleted contact and history, etc.  Service has spent many hours, however I feel it was the last pushed update that caused this issue.  I have an S20, and hope they can find a solution soon.

HoneyBee19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Dear Samsung, the problem is escalating please fix it! No more updates until this problem is fixed!
dizzydz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones