Original topic:

Phasing Out Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 11 hours ago)
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm sad and disheartened to learn that not only will Samsung Messages no longer be pre-installed on Samsung devices, but also it will no longer support Galaxy Themes. That's not right Samsung! Reverse that decision and have Themes apply to the downloaded Samsung Messages. Why take away what makes Samsung Messages special? I buy themes because they apply to Samsung Messages. Samsung Messages allowed so much customization including the feature Customize Chat Room. I switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy because of customization and choices. If people want to choose Google Messages for themselves then that's fine, but give people the choice of choosing instead of making that choice for them. Don't take that choice away. It is not my choice to use Google Messages, and getting rid of special features from Samsung Messages to get users to choose Google Messages is nonsense. I HATE this decision they made. First Samsung got rid of Samsung Places, now they're slowly but surely getting rid of Samsung Messages. What's next on the chopping block Samsung?
18 Replies
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Me too
0 Likes
Galaxy S Phones
why? have you tried Googles? or is it because samsung messages go with the themes? the themed messages is such a small feature that I don't miss it
0 Likes
gnome735
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They need to default to RCS on Samsung Messages. It's annoying when I try to message my Samsung friends and its still SMS because of settings.
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What I think Samsung should've done was provide an instant messaging service, that's equivalent to iMessage, that's integrated into Samsung Messages so that Galaxy users could enjoy exclusive chat features without relying on carriers and then adopt Google's RCS protocols. It would've been the best of both worlds. That way Galaxy users who prefer Samsung Messages can still enjoy chat features and those who want to use Google Messages still have that choice and can still chat with people using Samsung Messages
Galaxy S Phones
most ppl now days have google messages... so you can message your samsung friends on there and it'll be RCS. almost all of my contacts are RCS messages.

only iPhone users don't have RCS with Android.
here u can see the difference though 1722201868792.jpgSmartSelect_20240728_162336_Messages_1000179133_1722201816.jpg
0 Likes
infuriated
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I used to love my Galaxy phones so much but I think the honeymoon is over.
0 Likes
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I get it. Samsung's problem is relying on others. They relied on carriers to provide chat features on Samsung Messages and that didn't work out for everyone and now they're relying on Google
0 Likes
Galaxy S Phones
samsung messages sucks anyhow. that's why they stopped working with it

google messages is the thing now. and I love it.
0 Likes
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm glad you love Google Messages and the option to use it was always there. But Samsung Messages didn't suck to everyone