Original topic:

S10 Boot Loop

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userpuqOPWtZHP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

woke up to my galaxy S10 in a boot loop. I thought I had auto-updates turned off but according to this reddit thread a ton of people are all having this problem right now. I was told by the samsung tech support to take it to a ibreakufix near me and i called them and they pretty much said the only way to fix it is factory reset. I dont want to lose all my data? I got it to the recovery screen and tried clearing cache and rebooting from there but it didnt work. I held every combo of Power button plus volume button plus bixby and nothing worked. Is my phone a brick?

60 Replies
Solution
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

One of the Notices

posted at Samsung App:

Screenshot_20241003_232256_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20241003_232314_Samsung Members.jpg

Reach out directly to Samsung Support at 1-800-726-7864

 

 

 

 

 

0 Likes
AJMD99GT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Switched daughter to another phone until they can give us a fix...unless they are lying because it is an older a device.

0 Likes
Minesh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i checked with ubreakifix which is official partner for Samsung services in California, they dont have any update from Samsung. Asked me to sit tight for couple of days.

Anyone who reached out to Service center and were successful?

0 Likes
cjaveni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello and thanks for your assistance in advance.  I have a S10 note that worked perfectly fine until I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon.  Then later in the day after the switch it did an update.  At this point it rebooted and will do nothing but continuously reboot.  

Can't get in at all to access safe mode, but when I hold down the power and up arrow I do get the android recovery screen that has no option for safe mode.  Within this selection I did do a wipe cache partition but it didn't help.  Is there any way to access safe mode if the phone doesnt boot to the OS?

Is there anything else I can do to save the data on this phone?  Even forensically?  I have an extensive amount that I thought was being backed up to the cloud.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There was a notification yesterday top right the bell icon that mentioned the smart switch is causing reboot issue on the s10
0 Likes
cjaveni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks, but you lost me.  Top right bell icon?

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Top of the page next to magnifying glass there's a bell icon might see red dot on it
0 Likes
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

SMART THINGS ISSUE NOTICE:

Screenshot_20241003_232256_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20241003_232314_Samsung Members.jpg

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS THREAD:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/S10-Boot-Loop/m-p/3023135#M117934

Cpbryantsamsung
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"Same happened to my note 10+  woke up thurs am to find it boot looping.. with no fix in sight.. everyone in area said only authorized samsung dealers can work on them but a system wipe is the only possible fix.. F that.. way too many pics and info to loose on this otherwise perfectly good working 4 year old cell.. with no notice or warning this is completely unacceptable and will not go away.  I smell a class action lawsuit coming for Samsung and lots of former users wanting compensated for this debacle.  older or not .. it was working fine.. you don't just turn off a person's lifeline to all they hold important without warning just because its getting to be out dated..  are they Crazy..  ya'll got anther thing coming. .

0 Likes
user2VmN1CHi2E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am also having this issue with my s10e, samsung needs to be far more transparent with how they are dealing with this. They should be ashamed how the6have handled it so far.

0 Likes