JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 06-02-2019 03:25 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
user8NiGKHIshE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Too bad there is no LED. That is one of the things I liked most about my previous Samsung phones, from the S4 up to the S7. Please put the LED back in the Samsung phone. Thanks

0 Likes
userK69eD1BMYn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not to be rude, but it IS a big deal to those in the deaf or hearing impaired community like my girlfriend. The only way to see if anyone messaged is to physically activate the screen. The only workaround is the camera light, which you are not going to use for every message, email, or other notification. Very poor planning by Samsung.
Dewracng
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usermRV51rjKe9  It may be over the top to you but people such as myself a US Army veteran who was in the 1/3 Field Artillery 2nd Armoured division firing 109 mm projectiles for over 4 years has resulted in my hearing not being  all that great. So to make an ignorant comment such as yours is un called for. There are plenty of die hard/dedicated Samsung customers who rely on visual notifications. As an example just going to the bathroom or out with my dog if a message (which the tones are already short and low volume) happen or a phone call comes in while I'm not  right next to my phone it gets very aggravating that I must literally pick up the phone each time  I return just to make sure I didnt miss a call or message. You must remember this phone is sold to all people including older people such as myself ( age 58 ) so until it effects you personally maybe you should understand the importance of a feature that has been on every Samsung Galaxy phone since the S2 which I have had every Galaxy phone since the S2 not to mention 3 Samsung TVs, Samsung Refrigerator, Stove, dishwasher, and microwave. So I think I've spent a load of money on their products so asking for visual notifications is far from over the top for some it's a necessity not just some bells and whistles. SMH

userOEoMPuislm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Dewracng Firstly thanks for your service.

Secondly, what I do not understand is why folks need to post here telling us that we do not need a feature that they can do without and how AOD, edge lighting etc. is a replacement. Millions of Iphone users have done without this for years I guess Samsung felt that leaving it out would be OK.

As many have said, Samsung (and Google in their Pixel 3) have chosen to leave out this led in favor of larger displays with no bezel. 

Any upgrade or app can never act exactly the same. ie. flash different colors for different notifications while the screen is locked. Unless the ring around the camera is not part of screen which I doubt. So when this ring or any other part of the screen is used for this purpose it means that the screen must stay on, even if only a small part of it and that has to have a negative effect on battery life.

I was really looking forward to the S10 but I am still using my S7 Edge because of this notification issue. Once the S9+ drops in price I bit more I will get that instead of the S10. 

Also, in reality Samsumg have already sold millions of the S10's the number of returns/complaints due to the notification LED are so small that there really is no incentive for them to do anything about it.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Dewracng Have you tried the Camera flash or the screen flash under accessibility settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userAgaJKEolJW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree with this.  I used this every day for last 10 years.

userpaZON99yk4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It is for me. I don't want to keep picking my phone up to check. Doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
userZmbIbynsLJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, it actually is.

I'm actually considering seeing if I can go trade my S10 in for an S9!

I miss my S9.  Seems like every once and a while Samsung makes a dud. Last did was the S6, now it looks like the S10.

My 3 issues:  no LED indicator,  the power button moved higher for some unknown reason (my thumb can't reach it) and the fingerprint scanner. I liked it on the back like the S9.

HogCall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It will probably be a deal breaker for me on the next phone I purchase. Always On & Always Off display is annoying. I either always have the screen flashing at me, or never flashing at me.

userjvrNVToPUf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I feel the same way 

0 Likes