JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10+ Secure Folder - backup and restore

(Topic created: 05-07-2019 12:55 PM)
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I figured out that the Secure Folder seems to be backed up and restored separately from everything else on my S10+.

In the event that I need to Restore my S10 from Samsung Cloud...does the restore have to be done from a new instance of Secure Folder on the restored phone, or will it be restored automatically from doing a Restore from Settings > Accounts and backup > Samsung Cloud > Restore data?

It seems that the device back up does NOT include anything backed up from the Secure Folder. Just curious as the backup process was somewhat confusing. Thanks.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there!

Thank you so much for reaching out for assistance.

You would restore the Secure Folder files from the Secure folder.

You should continue to back up your Secure Folder files so in the event you do need to restore a back up. The data will be saved securely for you!

Hope this helps!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there!

Thank you so much for reaching out for assistance.

You would restore the Secure Folder files from the Secure folder.

You should continue to back up your Secure Folder files so in the event you do need to restore a back up. The data will be saved securely for you!

Hope this helps!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.