JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9+ Read Receipts gone

(Topic created: 06-13-2022 09:55 PM)
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
After the update 5/10 I can no longer see if my message was delivered or read. I don't have chat features or advanced settings as it says I should have on YouTube. I spoke to a Samsung agent via chat who said I have to factory reset. Somebody please help me! I previously had all of these features. 
9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Are you using Google messages or the stock Samsung messaging app
0 Likes
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've tried on both
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
On Google messages you'll have to clear the cache then data then force stop the app and then restart the app again
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok I'll try that thank you
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately nothing changed. I'm not getting delivery reports and I can't see when the other person is typing. Any other suggestions?
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Make sure on your Samsung messaging app that advanced message is turned off and set Google messages to your default messaging app then clear the cache again then force stop the app and then open it back up
userdOItb71Qlf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok yea I don't even have advanced settings in the samsung app for some reason. Nothing seems to be working but I appreciate your help
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Put phone on airplane mode, clear cache and data on Google Messages and Carrier Services. Restart phone, turn off airplane mode and then open Google Messages again. See if this helps
Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you have these options available on your phone?
If the recipient has an iPhone, you can't share the received and typing info. ZomboDroid 14062022000134_4847_1655182391.jpg