Original topic:

Samsung DEX isent working between S10 x Windows 10

(Topic created: 11-23-2019 01:15 PM)
useropGBlfOO3R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi everyone.

I am trying to connect my S10 with Samsung DEX that was installed on my laptop with Windows 10.

The error that I have received was my USB doesnā€™t recognize.

I re-install the usb Samsung driver many times, but I havenā€™t success.

When I am using "Smart Switch", I donā€™t have any problems.

Tks.

22 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you using the dex pad or station?

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry but https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/dex/ states that this only works with a Note 10 or Note 10+ device. 

useropGBlfOO3R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You right. Tks for you reply.

I am expecting that samsung release and support S10 plattaform.

https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/dex/ 

* Only available on Galaxy Note10/10+ and requires PC app download.

Potamsung
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

looking forward to this new feature being adapted to S10, too

ChasJesĆŗs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

STINKS: This is from the Samsung Dex support page (basically a LIE/FAKE): 

Which devices is Samsung DeX supported on?

FAQ
The Samsung DeX service is currently available on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, and Galaxy Tab S6.

FAKE-UGH.
0 Likes
userGxktqHyOXx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's NOT a Lie or Fake! Samsun Dex does work on all of those devices. Samsung Dex was originally for use with a stand along monitor were you hook up an hdmi to usb-c adaptor and use your phone on the monitor. The Galaxy Note 10 Line up got a new feature were you can use Dex in a Windows or Mac enviroment via an app. If your going to bad mouth a company then at least do a 30 sec Google search on it and you will find hundreds of videos and posts about how to use the Dex feature, instead lets jump on a bandwagon and complain about something we know nothing about right?

Solstice22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow a bit harsh! It's obvious they was confused with the information on the web page. I just looked at it and it is a bit confusing. Instead of you being so quick to bash someone in the future and telling them to do a search just remember that's what a forum is for. To talk about issues and learn from one another.

There is always a right way of saying something and a wrong way. We should all have respect for others (if we want respect back) and we should stop and think before we speak or respond. 

0 Likes
userzH6x5BegVV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userGxktqHyOXx wrote:

It's NOT a Lie or Fake! Samsun Dex does work on all of those devices. Samsung Dex was originally for use with a stand along monitor were you hook up an hdmi to usb-c adaptor and use your phone on the monitor. The Galaxy Note 10 Line up got a new feature were you can use Dex in a Windows or Mac enviroment via an app. If your going to bad mouth a company then at least do a 30 sec Google search on it and you will find hundreds of videos and posts about how to use the Dex feature, instead lets jump on a bandwagon and complain about something we know nothing about right?

When my phone notifies me to go to the address and install the app so I can transfer files between my PC and Phone, I think it should work.  If it indeed doesn't work, then samsung is just trying to drive consumers to their web page to buy something...in this case to get a new phone that works with Dex.  Samsung in pathetic and so are you!

0 Likes
userIutnSR5BcR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's not a lie, the other devices (S8-Note9) are only supported through the DeX-Docking-Station.

0 Likes