I recently purchased an unlocked S10. The only issue I seem to have at this time is with sending MMS messages through the native app on the phone. When I use a third party app everything works fine. The problem is that I REALLY like the new native app and all of the features associated with it so I'm eager to find a resolution to my problem.
I have literally tried everything. Anything I try to send a picture/gif or anything of the sort I get an error back reading "invalid address entered". I am now at a loss! Currently, I am using Google's third party messages app.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am having the same issue with my S9. It will work on the first group message, then give me the "invalid address entered" error after that. I have tried in safe mode and get the same error. If I restart, the first text will work, but once someone responds, I get the error again on my next reply! I've had this phone for two years and have not had an issue until this started.
@userED8SpqbECi Please try wiping the cache partition.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
My phone started giving me the error mentioned above again. Is this partition clearing method the only known fix to this issue? It has been 2 hours of working without error and then it's like a switch is flipped. That is a lot of steps to do multiple times a day.