I recently purchased an unlocked S10. The only issue I seem to have at this time is with sending MMS messages through the native app on the phone. When I use a third party app everything works fine. The problem is that I REALLY like the new native app and all of the features associated with it so I'm eager to find a resolution to my problem.
I have literally tried everything. Anything I try to send a picture/gif or anything of the sort I get an error back reading "invalid address entered". I am now at a loss! Currently, I am using Google's third party messages app.
Solved! Go to Solution.
@userED8SpqbECi Please try wiping the cache partition.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I'm having similar issue on my Note 9. When I use stock messages and try to send MMS it says invalid destination address. But I can use Google Messages and send MMS just fine. Samsung needs to put an update out for Messages fixing this issue.
If your using an unlocked variant are you sure the MMS settings under the apn tab are the correct ones some companies have two apn's one for the internet and one for MMS
Can you tell me what the APN tab is? i have tried absolutely everything else including 3 hours on verizon's help line, and 45 min with Samsung. Nobody seems to know how to fix this. I have a s10, unlocked.
Please send a private message with your full model code and IMEI number so I can look into this further. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
I get the same error message. It began after the last update by Samsung earlier this month. It seems to happen every day and the only way I can get it to work is by rebooting the phone.
I have the same problem on my s9+. This will work in safe mode. I have tried to delete all other texting apps to see what might be interfering but still no luck unless I boot into safe mode. I will try deleting what's app and FB messenger but these just use internet service so I don't see how they would interfere. Also I will be super annoyed if I cant have these on my phone. I never had problems until I was forced to use Samsung messenger due to getting the galaxy watch.