Original topic:

Samsung internet widget on home screen keeps disappearing and keep having to select it as my default browser?

(Topic created: Sunday)
Britany27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello

Can anyone help me as to why I keep having to select Samsung internet as my default browser. I made it the default and put a widget on my home screen and every couple days the widget disappears and it ask me to set my default browser.
8 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Never had that happen I would submit feedback
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to settings. Pull down search bar. Type in "browser" ... See screenshot attached. Make sure yours is set to Samsung like the pic. 1728834135407.jpg
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Make sure it is set to Samsung browser as shown1728834202660.jpg
Britany27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's set everywhere as my default but in a day or 2 it just un defaults and i have to do it all again. I have the s231728834537168_1728834537158_0.jpg
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you cleared the cache?
Britany27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep still does it every couple days
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Then the only question left is .... Do you have insurance or can you upgrade..... Unless you know a phone tech that won't charge you out the a**.... I've thought of everything I can without the actual device in hand. Good luck to ya
Britany27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, Samsung is set as my default browser. However, every couple of days, it somehow changes, and i have to go back in and reset it as my default. I always know that I have to do that when my internet widget disappears