JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung messages now don't show read receipts after switching back from Google messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
sierra79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recently switched over to Google messages only for one minute, (I did not like them) then switched back over to samsung messages. Now my samsung messages are not showing read/delivered. The other samsung users have theirs turned on. I too have mine turned on. I need help! Samsung agents, and my phone carrier say they either can't fix it or they just don't know.

38 Replies
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung messages don't use rcs
0 Likes
Rampage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In Samsung messages, if the other user doesn't have their advance settings to match yours, it will not show if it has been read or if they are typing. And since they are updating Samsung to use Google messages as the default messages app, they might have already started stripping some of those features
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There's a Samsung messenger update on way I haven't seen anything yet on a date for when they will stop any use of Samsung messages just that new models going forward won't have it not saying they won't but the function are still working
0 Likes
Rampage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Last I heard, it's supposed to be coming when they push the new One UI update
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What supposed to come
0 Likes
Rampage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The switching for Google as default messages app. You will still be able to download Samsung messages, but some features will be gone. They could push it back to a further update but that was the last I heard about it
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not heard that regarding next update just the new models being released even read on it earlier on a trusted source
0 Likes
Rampage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Very well. Thank you for the update
Solution
sierra79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey guys! I don't know what happened, or what I did but they are back on. Thank you for all the help!