Original topic:

Setting to block apps from making sounds?

(Topic created: Saturday)
BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There used to be a setting on Samsung to block apps from making sounds. This was nice for preventing advertisements from interrupting audio book, etc. Now on my new phone there is no way to do this, it just interrupts my books with loud advertisement noises because I want to play an idle game at the same time. šŸ˜•

15 Replies
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you try Do Not Disturb ?

BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How would that help?
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can set DND to let through phone calls (if you want) and stop notifications for texts and apps.  You can do it for the global DND or you can add it to a mode (the DND settings in modes can be different than the settings in the global DND.  There is "relax" mode you can configure for when you are reading a book or you can create a new mode and set the parameters.  You would turn on the mode when you want to read without distraction.

BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There are no settings in DND for this. There are some to disable notifications for apps, but that's not what I'm talking about. This suggestion is not relevant to my problem.
0 Likes
BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not notifications though? I'll take a look but it sounds completely unrelated to what I'm asking about. Does this block apps from playing advertisement sound?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It will block snything you dont want to get through. I don't know what advertisements you refer to, as I have never gotten one single advertisement on any phone ever.
0 Likes
BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In a game? When it ends and tries to play an advertisement? You've never played a game on your phone?

I'm not talking about notifications.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have, but they do not pop up spontaneously, when I am not in the app, and when i am in the app and an ad pops up, i close out the app and reopen it and the ad is gone. You said you wanted to turn off notification sounds when you had an audio book going. The only way to turn off ad sounds while in the game would be to turn the media volume off, but then you won't hear the audio book sound either. Some ads have an icon to turn the sound off for that particular ad. Most games have a setting to turn sounds off, whether that applies to the ad as well, I don't know
0 Likes
BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm literally talking about ads in games. No one said they pop up spontaneously when they're not open. They pop up when you lose or when you click the wrong thing. They're used to be a phone wide setting in Samsung phones to turn off apps from making noise at all. It's very abrupt and annoying when they interrupt the audio book I'm listening to.
0 Likes