Original topic:

Suggestion for phones

(Topic created: a week ago)
420harvey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Please please samsung bring back the IR blaster in the phones it was by far the best feture of samsungs it came before it's time and I know I desperately want it back same with the Little LED notification light but I'd be over the moon exited to have that IR blaster back
10 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the IR blaster will never be returning to phones since you can already use your phone as a remote with Samsung TV's with the smart things app 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

420harvey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A man can hope šŸ˜­ I mean it was so so much more useful then having to buy all new products to connect to wifi and all that garbage when I use to be able to just get a app and control anything that had a remote
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The S6 was the last phone with a IR Blaster and were now on the S24's going to S25's in a few months so I can say it wont be back.  the S6 was 10 phone releases ago

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

420harvey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The 5 6 and 7 are the only 3 I haven't had I have the 24 ultra right now after the z fold 3 and honestly i just miss it, I'm a die hard samsung fan but if another brand were to revive the IR I'd probably leave samsung
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@420harvey Where is the need for such a thing? 

Samsung Tvs can be controlled via SmartThings.

Roku provides the same via their app. 

0 Likes
420harvey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not using up my bandwidth with all these different devices connected to internet would be wonderful or better yet just using the TV I have that doesn't have problems instead of having to spend thousands on new devices when it could be done cheaper and easier with a simple IR blaster.
0 Likes
420harvey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Almost everything has a IR receiver now but say I wait 5 years without buying the new product and boom a update now made it worthless so there's another couple thousand dollars for a new device when the IR worked not only faster but more reliably. Not to mention if your wifi goes out then good luck controlling anything
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My smartthings app doesn't work so a IR for me would be good
keycommander
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
note 8 šŸ˜›
0 Likes