I regularly have black bar notifications on the screen telling me the system has performed an action I have requested, but I can't seem to dismiss them, or find any settings for them to reduce the onscreen time. They can loiter for minutes, usually covering the input box in messages.
Any fixes, or even know what they are?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would like to look into this for you. Let's take a look at a couple of things first.
When did you first notice this?
Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?
Does this issue still appear when your phone is in safe mode?
Hi, thanks for your reply. It's been happening for about 2 weeks now... my auto update is always on but I have to say I have tried safe mode. I didn't know if it was something more obvious.
Here are the steps to place your phone in safe mode.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
- While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart > Restart.
- The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
Now that I have restarted in safe mode, I'm not sure where to begin... when I saved a draft message in gmail, the bar arrived and stayed but it's not a gmail issue as this is the first time I've used this account in months.
Still doing it in Safe mode when I discard both emails and texts.
Notification stays on screen, over all apps, for nearly 4 minutes.
I don't know what's causing it. Any ideas??
Ok, then the next thing I want you try is to wipe the cache partition on your phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
The message was there when I saved another test draft email but maybe not as long??
I notice a system update message but I did wipe the cache. Does that just 'reset' the phone, if it's got itself in a pickle?