JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to make conference calls?

(Topic created: 08-09-2023 06:29 AM)
K_87
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a Verizon samsung galaxy s20 fe 5g.... Apparently what I don't have is the ability to make a conference call. I have done so on my previous phones and 2 or 3 times on this one, but when I tried a little while ago (it was a really important call that never did happen😔) it disconnected immediately and informed me that I can't make conference calls.
I checked with Verizon, it's not from them, my plan is ok with it... That leaves just Samsung... Please help lol, I really want to know why I can't and how to fix it 
Thanks in advance 🙏
K_87
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've done it successfully in the past, but this is the first time I've tried on this phone (s20 fe), I never had any issues with it working on my previous one (s10e)
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Beyond clearing the Phone app in Settings>Apps>Phone>Storage>Clear data (settings will be defaulted for the app afterward) there isn't you can do about this. It might be a carrier problem to resolve. 

K_87
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yea, I tried that, too, I'm just going to be ok with not being able to make conference calls, Verizon says it's not on their end which is more confusing so no conference calls for me lol
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this still happen with the device in Safe Mode? From the power menu, press + hold power down/power off until you see the Safe Mode option appear. 

K_87
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The problem with safe mode is I don't feel like I fully understand it, and I'm worried I'll screw things up or not be able to get out of it
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Safe Mode just disables all 3rd party apps. There's no reason to be hesitant. 🙂

K_87
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What do u do in safe mode, I know that sounds stupid and I know the answer if it pertains to computers, but I've always been hesitant to use it on my phone
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ideally, you would attempt to make another conference call in Safe Mode. If it works, then a 3rd party app is interfering. If not, it's still (most likely) a mobile carrier problem. Taking it into a Verizon store and having them troubleshoot in person would be the best bet. Make sure you can make conference calls before you leave, because it's a mobile provider service that's included in your (and most other individuals') bill. 

K_87
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's true, I don't pay it so that never occurred to me, I thought it was included probably because they said it was but I guess they meant my plan...next time I'm near a Verizon, I'll stop in, thanks
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm confident they will get this working, even if you don't necessarily intend on using it. If ever you should need it, it definitely should be available to you if they say they offer the service. 🙂 Btw, if you felt like I've sufficiently answered your question, be sure to accept as solution so that other Members in the Community can find this thread more easily, if they are curious about conferences calls.