JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to receive text notifications from one of my contacts

(Topic created: 10-19-2023 09:04 PM)
Joshnaz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unable to recieve notifications from one of my contacts. Under conversation settings it says notifications from this category are blocked

19 Replies
HoneyBee19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you!
I hope it works, will find out when he messages later today. Such a weird issue. Thank you!
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not really much you can do if you've already checked the settings, and your software is up to date. Could potentially be a third party application that could be causing it. Have you tired putting the phone in safe mode to see if the notifications come through? 

If that doesn't work I recommend submitting an error report through the members app so the engineers are aware of the bug. 

0 Likes
Members_wpv8dhU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Also having this incredibly frustrating problem. Phone just arbitrarily seems to have blocked notifications for a couple contacts. 

dizzydz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
HoneyBee19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Experiencing the same problem for only 1 contact. The most important contact. Nothing has fixed this issue. Very frustrating 😕
Solution
dizzydz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi. So I was having the EXACT same issue. All of a sudden I stopped getting notifications for my mom's texts.  FYI - I have a Samsung Note20 Ultra. I figured this out on my own after I was told by support from the members app that the only way to fix it was to factory reset...which I was unwilling to do.

Here is what solved it for me:

I figured out that SOMEHOW my mom was added to a notification category that had been blocked:

Screenshot_20231019_201214_Settings.jpg

Well.. after MANY hours of searching and trouble shooting I FINALLY found THIS:

Screenshot_20231019_214201_Settings.jpg

So I went into messages, clicked into my mom's chat conversation, then clicked on the 3 dots by her name:

Screenshot_20231019_214952_Messages.jpg

then clicked on notification sound:

Screenshot_20231019_215221_Messages.jpg

then RESET and reset:

Screenshot_20231019_215310_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20231019_215315_Messages.jpg

Once I reset the notification sound, notifications started working again!! 

Also... just FYI, I changed her chat sound back to the custom sound I had for her previously and the notifications are STILL working.

Who knows why this worked or why it blocked that category I have been using the same custom sound for her for YEARS... but

Hopefully this fix works for you too!!

DHerron
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks, the RESET worked for me.  I appreciate the fix.

dizzydz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So glad!
0 Likes
HoneyBee19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It worked! Thank you!
0 Likes
Nadusia
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you so much for this solution ❤️ My boyfriend hasn't been able to get my texts to come up on his lock screen for months. Even went to t mobile store to ask one of their guys for help, and he couldn't figure it out. We just tried your method to reset the notification sound, and now they're popping up again. What a relief. 😅
0 Likes