JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update system working bad

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 10:27 AM)
R_Mk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsumg Galaxy s10. the new update is failing on my phone it does not allow me to have a call for a long time because it is cut off.
5 Replies
kro229
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good afternoon. I have a crazy question, do you have data? Can you text someone or call someone? Although it may be just for a short time of using your device before it shuts down. Try rebooting your phone by cutting it off, leave it off about 10 sec, cut it back on and see what it does. If that want solve the situation, you might have to factory reset your entire phone.
0 Likes
R_Mk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I tried it 4 times like you just explained and I have data for my phone and I have wi-fi, I have everything and if it still has the same problem.
0 Likes
kro229
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You probably got to contact that company and explain to them what's going on with your phone. They might give you a replacement phone as you would have to send that phone back to be fixed. Before I go by doing that, I would YouTube search the problem that I'm having to see if anyone has solutions of going beyond measures to fixing the problem. It could be something simple or it could be something that manufacturers have to fix
0 Likes
R_Mk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I never had this problem before. It was yesterday that I updated the phone and it began to have these failures.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your phone not allowing you to make long calls. Did your device update to Android 12 or was this a security update?

I would recommend clearing the cache on your phone app. Clearing your cache on Android can free up valuable space and resolve issues with your phone's battery, speed, and security. Old cached data can corrupt, causing larger performance problems. Give these steps a try: Go to settings > apps > phone > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

Next step would be to test your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Third step before factory resetting your device would be to wipe the cache partition. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
• When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

Final step as mentioned previously would be a factory reset. This will take your device back to factory default settings. 

Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try for steps to factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps, I would first recommend reaching out to your provider to verify there is nothing being blocked on their end. If the provider verifies everything is up to date on their end I would recommend a service repair. I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 to see the best options for getting your device set up for service.