Original topic:

Very damaged screen on galaxy S9

(Topic created: 08-24-2023 08:09 PM)
tabbch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My phone has been showing a very bright green light on half of my screen. now I had to set my phone to light theme for this to happen less. The top of me screen gets shown, only a little would be shown before it starts to happen. I am in need of a fix for that, along with alot of lines and a black spot near the bottom right of the screen. I will not be able to provide images for this. Also, most of the time I have to prevent my phone from turning off, because the screen will fail to show up, instead a few of the lines I mentioned earlier will show for a half second and then only show i black screen after. I really need a fix for this before it gets worse.
7 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Your phone is 5 1/2 years old, will no longer get any Android updates, and the last security update was in March 2022. So, your phone is wide open to the whole world for hacking. Between this, and the screen, I would certainly suggest looking for a new phone.
tabbch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't have the money for a new phone though 😞
0 Likes
Rdood
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can pay to have the screen replaced, sounds like that dot at the bottom is where the damage started and just got worse. It's probably only a screen and digitizer that needs replacing.
tabbch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It did get worse, last night the green part covered the entire screen, and most of it was frozen. I managed to get the phone to light mode, but I couldn't change the wallpaper. Just now, It stopped. I think that I might need to keep it off for long periods to stop it from happening.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Kindly take your phone to a Samsung authorized service center, like uBreakiFix or Geeksquad. They usually offer free diagnostics and will tell you how much the phone would be to repair.
tabbch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Also, how much would it cost?
0 Likes
tabbch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Update: If there is anything black onscreen, the screen will glitch... ;-;
0 Likes