Original topic:

Voice to text gone from keyboard toolbar

(Topic created: Monday)
Fathalius
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Does anyone know of a way to get the voice to text button back on the keyboard tool bar? I really don't like it taking away a whole 1/3 of an inch from my screen just sitting down there by itself. 

0 Likes
16 Replies
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately you can't with the Samsung Keyboard.

Fathalius
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's the dumbest! They seem to be making things more inconvenient over time. First they add all kinds of ads and bloatware to the game launcher, then take away the ability to hide the regular navigation buttons, then take this away, now they are taking away samsung messages.
argh!
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can switch to G board. The mic is where it should be and it's better anyway.
0 Likes
FLYER5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I use gboard and it's excellent
HOGGZILLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I left Gboard for Samsung Keyboard, more customizable and the only issue is literally the Voice to text location.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Cuztomizable for what? To look pretty? Functional works for me.
0 Likes
HOGGZILLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, customizable in the sense i can completely blackout the background and the buttons to save on battery life....plus I can make the buttons bigger to fit my larger fingers.

Samsung pass on the keyboard is a nicety too, SPen handwriting too.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You couldn't torture me to use Samsung keyboard.
HOGGZILLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's fine.. im a GBoard original, been using it since day one and a beta user too.

I can't really see why I chose GBoard for so long.... the only issue i have is the Voice to text button location....
0 Likes