JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

emoji and mic buttons gone from keyboard

(Topic created: 10-05-2020 08:30 AM)
MamaBear3000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My emoji and mic buttons are gone from my keyboard and I can not figure out how to add them back on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Does this occur whenever the keyboard is open or in specific apps? Are you using any 3rd party keyboards or the Samsung Keyboard? I would recommend testing the device in safe mode to see if your symptoms persist. You can do so by following these steps. 

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

If you are still experiencing this I would recommend resetting your Samsung keyboard. You can do so by going to Settings>General Management>Language and Input>On-screen Keyboard>Samsung Keyboard>Reset to default settings.

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in context

2 Replies
userQmCstr061D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
mine too... how can i recover them?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Does this occur whenever the keyboard is open or in specific apps? Are you using any 3rd party keyboards or the Samsung Keyboard? I would recommend testing the device in safe mode to see if your symptoms persist. You can do so by following these steps. 

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

If you are still experiencing this I would recommend resetting your Samsung keyboard. You can do so by going to Settings>General Management>Language and Input>On-screen Keyboard>Samsung Keyboard>Reset to default settings.

Let me know if this helps!