JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

encrypted photos and videos left after factory reset on the memory card

(Topic created: 01-26-2023 12:09 PM)
Tologood
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a big problem, I accidentally factory reset my phone, it being a galaxy s10, I had a memory card and it was encrypted, now I can't open the pictures or the videos normally, I think they are encrypted, the problem is that I have many memories and I have them saved on my computer, I can't open them there either, can you help me how to decrypt them?

5 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The only way available to common users is putting the SD card in the original device where it was encrypted to decrypt it. Once you decrypt it there, you can access its contents on other devices.
0 Likes
Solution
Jo28Pe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately, once you factory reset your phone, you also deleted the key to decrypt the files on your memory card.
Tologood
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

and is something bad or something good?

0 Likes
Marshyboi
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bad. You'll never be able to decrypt the contents on the card. It should've given you the option to decrypt the card before confirming the reset.
0 Likes
Tologood
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

it's a pity because something like this happened not only to me but also to countless people who maybe simply forgot... and no solution was found... you have the files but you can't see them

0 Likes