Original topic:

no longer have the option for CUSTOM app VIBRATION NOTIFICATIONS!!

(Topic created: 05-01-2024 09:44 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why is this not a thing anymore or even a highlighted discussion!! Absolutely bothers me that I cant tell the difference if my pregnant wife is texting me or taco bell is having a promo without pulling my phone out of my pocket while I'm on the clock at work! Smh

12 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It appears to me you can set a custom vibration for each contact. Go to your contacts list, click on the contact and go to the 3 dot settings bottom right. Choose change rington/vibration, select vibration and then choose from the list.

Alternatevely, if that doesn't carry through to messaging, you can turn vibration off in the messages app for everyone except your wife.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That applies to only "call vibration" through contacts app. And I would use the second option idealy for my situation but still the point is that all notification vibration patterns are set to be the same. There is no way to prioritize notifications with vibration because this feature is lacking customization. For example my wife texts me *3 Long vibration go off* compared to normal or random cobtact *1 small vibration* etc. There's no way to even implement this concept through third party apps. I find it odd that I had this feature stock on the s10+ many years ago however.
0 Likes
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't know if you are using the Samsung message app or the Google message app. I use the Google message app and I can go into each individual message and then change the notification sound for that particular message from that particular contact and it will remain different than the rest. I hope that makes sense.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The issue isn't "sound" I work on a factory floor. Sound is useless 8-12 hours of my shift 5 days a week. I want custom "Vibration" to be able to individually be assigned to a individual contact or per app notification.. Maybe even by keyword to get into detail as well.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
And yes I use Google messages too. However my phone is on Vibrate 90% of the time.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Some time ago, andoid and oneui underwent a significant "debloating" where apps and features deemed excessive (by who? How? Couldnt tell you) were stripped out. However, many of these features were restored under samsung good lock, a customization app provided by Samsung. You can download it on the galaxy store, but it has recently been put on the play store. Install it, and then install the "sound assistant" module under the "life up" tab. When it's installed, open it and scroll to "customize vibration patterns". Here you can create custom notification and phone call vibration patterns and add them to the selection list for vibrations. You can then select that custom vibration pattern when setting up an apps notifications.

The answer is always good lock.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Im aware of goodlock and sound assistant as a work around to "create" custom patterns. But this feature gets diluted by the contacts app and the notification settings for the Ui because it's simply not expandable past just being selected for all messages or all notifications. You can set individual custom tones and vibration patterns for call notifications for each app but no where I've found no work around to set apps or contacts seperatly for notification vibration alone.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
"Contacts app" only call vibration is changeable 1714675463734.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Phone Ui for notifications as a whole. There's is no drop down in apps list either to select and assign a custom or preloaded vibration pattern 1714675512101.jpg
0 Likes