JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

suspicious - Fingerprint update 6.0.0.4

(Topic created: 04-06-2022 05:54 AM)
userFVhAVcDvnA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Received a system generated message below on my VZW S10+ this morning. But I am unable to find any official information confirming this is a legitimate update.  I've searched Samsung, and US mobile service providers for that matter. I can't say why, but something about this seems very odd, not the normal process. 

Screenshot_fingerpring_update.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Look in settings < biometrics and security < more biometrics settings < click on biometrics security patch
And it should tell you if there is an update or not

View solution in context

9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How strange ... I can't remember ever seeing a message as that one ... let me go check if that app is listed ...

EDIT : as seen in screenshots I don't show that app ... and I have "Show System Apps" option enabled
Screenshot_20220406-082604_Settings-01_26299_1649251610.jpgScreenshot_20220406-082722_Settings-01_26301_1649251658.jpg
0 Likes
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yup... got the same exact msg on my network unlocked AT&T Note 10+ 5g two days ago...... Need to know if it's legit...
0 Likes
Solution
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Look in settings < biometrics and security < more biometrics settings < click on biometrics security patch
And it should tell you if there is an update or not
userFVhAVcDvnA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@DarkPhoxthat's not the issue.  I'm referring to the "notification" itself about the update. This particular update is very suspicious in the way I found the notice on my phone this morning.  Most important, there is absolutely no documentation confirming this is a legitimate update from Samsung or any of the wireless carriers. 

I am not executing the update until there is a corresponding official confirmation from Samsung or the wireless providers.

0 Likes
userFVhAVcDvnA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@DarkPhoxthank you for the answer. I finally verified it by going into Settings > Biometrics and Security> then clicking on "More Biometrics settings"
and finally clicking on "Biometrics security Patch"  

It was very odd to get such a notification without any sort of detail, but happy Samsung is continuing to update the device.  Neither Samsung or Verizon were aware of it.

I also discovered the notification was coming from the application TADownloader, which is a Samsung app, and finally had me thinking the update was legit until I finally saw your answer.  Thanks again.

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can fully understand that you thought it wasn't a valid Samsung biometric update since the update didn't get pushed out via a firmware update, and also there was no documentation on the update to verify it was a valid Samsung biometric update, also you may receive another biometric update since the s22 ultra has the version 6.0.0.8 installedScreenshot_20220406-152024_TADownloader_1294_1649272824.jpg
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
still odd though ... my wife and I got update notices today, but not a very specific notice about the Fingerprint update ... as I stated in the other thread
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I never received any updates for my biometric settings, not sure why but my S22 ultra unlocked phone is running version 6.0.0.8
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Calder what version of the biometric software do you have on your s22 ultra?
0 Likes