JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

System storage issue

(Topic created: 10-13-2023 06:12 PM)
MeBonnieLass
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My system storage is overly high (83gb) and I can't seem to find a solution online to help as most don't have their app storage past the (i) icon, and allowing files to have access seems to fix the problem for them. But as I already have files sent to access storage (seen as apps above system) something else is the issue and I don't know what. Anyone also experiencing this issue or know a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Turn off RAM Plus. It has the potential to cause storage errors within your phone's SSD. Additionally, after disabling the feature, turn off the device. While off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm on the following screen. Returning to the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select.

View solution in context

7 Replies
MeBonnieLass
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, that is on but not taking much space. It's set pretty low and only about 1.5gb of unused apps was marked for cleaning.Screenshot_20231013_212934_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Turn off RAM Plus. It has the potential to cause storage errors within your phone's SSD. Additionally, after disabling the feature, turn off the device. While off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm on the following screen. Returning to the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select.
MeBonnieLass
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Interesting. Many thanks indeed, that did the trick. 🖖🏼Screenshot_20231013_221709_My Files.jpg
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's awesome! I'm glad this was able to help you! 😃 Please be sure to mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) by my previous post. Doing this ensures that the information remains active in the Community to benefit other individuals experiencing this problem as well!
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You have 128GB of storage, which a low end phone amount. You need to offload your photos and videos to a storage device (micro SD card, if your phone has the ability), PC/laptop, or cloud service.
0 Likes
MeBonnieLass
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've already done this (SD card). The photo shows space taken by such things is quite low.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You need to offload (move) some of the photos and videos from the Internal storage to the SD card. Changing the settings to store these on the SD card stores them there only after you change the settings. It does move old photos and videos.

If you're not comfortable doing this, take your phone to your carrier and ask for some hands-on assistance.

Ensure that you keep your SD card unencrypted. If encrypted and your phone dies your SD card will be locked forever.

You may want to look for a cloud storage too or backup these files to the Goggle Photos app.