Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NathanDetroit
Constellation

Issue with Picture Date Ordering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed a new microSD card into my Galaxy S10 and then added old pictures to it. Many pictures were showing as having been created the day that I transferred them to the card when I expected them to go to the date on which they were originally taken. Apparently, when I transferred them the phone changed their created date.

I found a program called BulkFileChanger that allowed me to change the created, modified, and accessed dates for the pictures. I had to unmount the SD card to do this from my computer. It worked for all but 20 pictures. One picture always comes up for "yesterday" and the rest come up for March 11, 2019 even though they were taken in 2015. I can access the files from the phone via USB and still see they have a created date of 2015, but on the Gallery app they appear with a date of March 11, 2019.

I have tried several approaches to getting the pictures to show up under their 2015 creation date, but none have been successful. I have cleared the cache and date from the gallery app and still the pictures show up as March 11, 2019. As I said earlier, the program I used to redate the files worked for 200+ pictures, but I still have issue with these last 20. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NathanDetroit
Constellation

Re: Issue with Picture Date Ordering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The card is class 10. I tried also transferring the photos to the phone's internal memory, but the same problem occured.

I installed an EXIF metadata editor app to the phone and changed the time of each photo. This renamed all of them and the phone sorted them by their original creation date. I then reset the modified time to what it was originally.

Problem solved with the use of metadata editing software.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Memory Support Team would be the best option for further troubleshooting. Please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-Samsung and choose option 7 for SD support. The SD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Also, for best performance be sure to always use a class 10 or higher SD card with your device. Older SD cards may not work as well with a newer flagship device. Older model SD cards can cause freezes, malfunctions, and it can cause your phone to reboot.

Mtiede
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can you tell if it is class 10 or higher?  Is there something in the OS that will display it?

NathanDetroit
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The card is class 10. I tried also transferring the photos to the phone's internal memory, but the same problem occured.

I installed an EXIF metadata editor app to the phone and changed the time of each photo. This renamed all of them and the phone sorted them by their original creation date. I then reset the modified time to what it was originally.

Problem solved with the use of metadata editing software.