JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 USB C port not working properly

(Topic created: 06-29-2020 01:02 PM)
user6HEvQPuyDN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So this is kind of hard to explain in just the subject but my USB port is acting up. When I connect a charger that would have normally charged the phone from 30% to 100% in 25 minutes its now taking 2 hours to charge fully. When I connect the earphones that came with the device it doesn't even recognize the device and continues to play audio from the phone's speakers. When I try to connect other input devices the phone doesn't recognize that anything has been connected. Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated. This phone was way too expensive for it to start acting up after just 3 months 

5 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a service repair on your device. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDbaWVF36ZS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

What type of service do you suggest? I've done two factory resets and nothing changed. I think it's the USB C Port App that's causing the problem. Is there going to be a software to repair this issue?

userS60SM8j7Y1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Another possibility is the charger has low amps or voltage that can charge older or other phones. Charger may not be right. Cable could work just fine. I had dame issue. 

0 Likes
userQ6BELmVyka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue, i believe it started after some software upgrade.

Someone post a fix to this soon.

Thank you,

userDbaWVF36ZS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you have the USB C Port App installed on your phone? I'm having the same issue and I'm getting the run around from Samsung. I've gone to a local UBreakIFix store and they want me to buy a new USB Port ($300) out of my own pocket. 
NEVER buying a Samsung product again!!!