JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I can't turn off 5g on the Galaxy S20 unlocked

(Topic created: 01-22-2021 05:51 PM)
user9Ousn8hK5c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Galaxy S20 and there is no options for Network Connections under Mobile Networks and cannot change it back to 4G. I want to revert back to 4G because my 5G speeds are around 10mbps. Screenshot_20210122-204952_Call settings.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user9Ousn8hK5c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I was able to reset it back to 4G with an app called Samsung Band Selection.

View solution in context

6 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately, you cannot turn off 5G on  your new 5g phone....  who is your carrier?  Verizon?

What you are experiencing is not unusual.  There are many places across the country where 4g/lte data is faster/better than 5g.   

The best way to get back on 4g is to replace your 5g sim card with a 4g sim card.  That should take care of your problem... 

Btw, your carrier most likely cannot turn off yoiur 5G if you have a 5G phone;  at least that is the way it works with Verizon.   Once it's on, they cannot turn it off;   and neither can you... changing the sim card is the only way....   Good luck!

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
user9Ousn8hK5c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I was able to reset it back to 4G with an app called Samsung Band Selection.

Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
wow, I also have a S20. but in my mobile network, above access point names I have mobile network. it is their that I can choose my network 5G,LTE,4G,3G. I would try calling your service provider and ask for help
Krypto000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
try going to settings>connections>mobile networks>network mode. I am able to switch from 5g to 4g on my s20 ultra.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Unlocked Verizon screenshot.

clipboard_image_1611423485885.jpg

0 Likes
james84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a Samsung Galaxy A20 and somethimesvi try to make a call and it says no network connection what do ibdo about it or hi ow to fix it
0 Likes