Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 12:14 PM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
jtcronin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
i totally agree. i hate swiping through my app folders
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

PeteUDG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
this needs to be changed back. or u should of added an option to adjust the grid layout, as u can for the home screen and app screens. if ur gonna change something, add the option to change it back. if I would of known this, I would have not gotten this phone. the lay out I have been use to for the last 5 years now, is gone and I'm unfamiliar with were my apps are now, as I had them set perfectly and now they take-up more pages. HUGE FAIL SAMSUNG
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Download Good Lock > Install Home Up > Enable it > Folder > Change the Folder Grid

usertEB3nJtxPH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here😐 please include in next features update!

mikesal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
this was a change in the new UI. do not upgrade the software on the s10 or you will have the same issue
0 Likes
PeteUDG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I had my S10+ on the newest software and my apps were not 3 per row. I haven't seen this since the s7 I think. I've been using 4 apps per row for over 5 years now. this is a HUGE fail on Samsung part. going backwards instead of forwards. if u were gonna change that, atleast give us the option to change the grid layout on the folders, as u do for the home screen and app screen.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Here's a 14 page thread on this.  Solved: Android 11 update issues - Samsung Community - 1667710

And no, it's not solved, just acknowledged. Keep stating your opinion on this change.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
SLine23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah so annoying and why would they make it large fat like that so I have to scroll through more pages.
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

you can download good lock app from Galaxy store to change app layout
try another features too

they have few useful features

0 Likes