JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't message certain contacts but they can text me?

(Topic created: 03-05-2023 10:18 AM)
reallyreally
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I can't send messages to certain contacts but they can text me

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, reallyreally, and welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear about your difficulties sending texts to certain recipients, and can understand the frustration. Have you tried Safe Mode to see if a third-party application may be responsible for this behavior? Here's the guide for using Safe Mode to troubleshoot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

You can also try clearing your device's cache partition, which can help smooth out device behavior using these steps:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Sometimes, resetting your network settings can resolve network-related behavior. You cna use these steps to do so:
Open the Settings app.
Tap General Management.
Tap Reset.
Tap Reset Network Settings.
Tap Reset Settings.
Tap Reset Settings one more time to confirm.

Lastly, you can try a factory reset to give a sort of fresh start to your device. Follow the guide carefully, especially on the portions about backing your data up, as otherwise these files can be lost forever: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If all the troubleshooting failed, it is recommended to contact your carrier, as they manage your network and data services.