JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Double tap to turn off screen not working after update

(Topic created: 02-01-2021 12:50 AM)
doremon0710
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
For some reasons, double tap to turn off screen from the home screen stops working completely after updating to the latest software update. Does anyone have the same issue ?
I have tried restarting and turning on-off the feature in setting. None of that worked for me so far.
Please fix it Samsung.

My phone is the unlock S21Ultra for US market.
userpjtyu0fGZe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi

Mine is Exynos version and I have those settings turned off.  It doesn't fix the issue.

Can you confirm further on exactly what you mean by those options please? As they are OFF by default anyways.... 

0 Likes
nickatnight123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the exact same problem it doesn't work on my tmobile s21 ultra after latest update.
doremon0710
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Please try the solution in a comment above yours. It works.
0 Likes
nickatnight123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
they are all off for me by default and it still doesn't work
0 Likes
user7WPrHBCT5E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I had the same problem, I followed the  above solution, it still was not working. However I explored some of the other settings in accessibility and found sticky keys was toggled on under interaction and dexterity. I turned it off and double tap is now working.

nickatnight123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I didnt change anything but tried again today and it works again
0 Likes
Berayner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
i have the S21 Ultra Unlock from factory samsung, and i got the sams issue i did all those solution, turned of double tap turn off screen and turned it bacm on, and the magnification or accessibility buttons or zoom never been touched and they are off amd still have that issue for double tap tp turn off the screen i even restart the phone. since i got the 3.1 UI update i got the same problem. please PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS SAMSUNG
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @user7WPrHBCT5E

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Berayner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
yes i did unfortunately nothing happened... i have note 10 plus as well with ONE UI 3.1 and it works with that one but my s21 ultra i cant figure it out. i dont even have launcher app or amything like that. still it doesn't work.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes